The Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp Guarantee:
By the end of the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp, you will know the solution to the two biggest challenges in dental sleep medicine:
- How to get patients.
- How to get paid.
You'll discover how to get at least 20 patients per month and how to consistently get paid for treating them.
FROM: Avi Weisfogel, Founder
Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp
International Academy of Sleep (IAOS)
Dentists get into sleep for a lot of different reasons. Some are interested in helping people, some are interested in making a lot of money, some are burned out on dentistry and are looking for another way to use their skills...
While the reasons for looking into dental sleep medicine are extremely varied, the experience of 99% of dentists once they get started is the same:
99% of Dentists Who Try Sleep Treat a Handful of Patients, Get Paid For None and Quit
The truth is, if you depend on referrals to get sleep patients and you try to bill medical insurance without following a proven system, you are going to struggle.
Some dentists who try sleep actually do succeed...or at least they think it's success to do 5-6 oral appliances per month.
To be clear, 5-6 appliances a month is not success. It will not change your life, it will not change many patients' lives, it will NOT shift your financial future.
READ THIS If You've Been to a "Sleep Course" and Have Been Told You Know Enough To Succeed:
Dentists fail in sleep because they've been fed bad information by well-meaning but inexperienced teachers. So I'm going to walk you through three quick lessons to show you some things most dentists are never told about this business. If you've been to another sleep course, chances are you've set yourself up for failure on the business side of dental sleep medicine.
Why You Will Fail in Dental Sleep Medicine If You Try to Get Patients Via Referrals
I knew from the beginning that getting patients via referral didn't work, I just didn't know what to do about it. A lot of the effort I invested over the years to figure this business out revolved around how to get the volume of patients required to truly build a successful venture. Most dentists in dental sleep medicine see a handful of patients each month. We're talking one or three or maybe five.
(I still remember one of the meetings I attended early on in my career in sleep. I was in a room with some of the most successful dentists in sleep medicine at the time. The speaker asked for a show of hands from any dentist doing 5 appliances per month. Only ONE person raised his hand! It was at that point I realized no one had yet cracked the code on this business.)
Dentists struggle in sleep because of bad information they get at the typical weekend sleep course. I'll admit, it is easy to get excited at those courses. The idea of treating patients in a way that's easier and far more profitable than traditional dentistry is enough to get anyone excited. And when you realize that you're saving people's lives too, it's extremely irresistible.
To be clear, there are some excellent instructors out there who really know their stuff when it comes to the science of sleep. But when it comes to leveraging that knowledge into real business success, things get a little bit complicated.
One of the challenges you soon discover after leaving a sleep course is that the suggested patient getting strategy of "generating referrals from doctors" doesn't work as well as you had hoped. Sleep physicians have no reason to send patients to you. Why would they send them to you for an oral appliance when they could treat those patients and put them on a CPAP?
This would be like a dentist sending cleanings to a periodontist or anterior root canals to an endodontist. That is the equivalent of a sleep doc sending you a patient with mild/moderate OSA. It just does not make sense. Plus, if they send the patient to a dentist, they lose the patient from their base. The dentist becomes the treating provider.
So depending on these referrals is a terrible strategy. It will never work well enough for you to build a successful sleep practice.
If you're going to see success, you must be in control of patient generation. You cannot depend on referrals. You must put yourself in a position to create patients.
The way we do this, that you'll learn at the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp is to work with physicians (NOT sleep doctors) treating patients who have not yet been diagnosed with sleep apnea. The undiagnosed population is a HUGE group of people who are at serious risk of issues if their condition is left untreated. Every other "sleep course" ignores this group and tells you to "beg for crumbs" from sleep doctors. That's crazy.
It Doesn't Matter How Many Lives You Save, If You Don't Get Paid, It's Not Sustainable
It took me a LONG time to figure out the world of medical billing and insurance. I quickly realized that the process was way more complicated than "filling out some forms" like I was told at the sleep courses I attended in the early days.
Most dentists don't know that insurance companies basically reject every oral appliance claim from the very beginning. All of the claims literally start in the "reject" pile. Guilty until proven innocent is the way it works. If you do not complete each step of the process perfectly, at the right time, every time, you will not get paid.
So while many dentists think that getting patients is the hardest part to building a sleep practice, it doesn't even come close to successfully navigating the insurance companies so you can get paid for your work. The bad news is that doing this well is complicated. The good news is that if you do it right, you will experience consistent reimbursements that will make everyone else around you jealous.
Very few dentists understand that the "getting paid" process does NOT begin with the insurance forms, it actually begins the very moment the patient walks into your office.
If you don't do everything right from that point forward, you run the risk of getting nothing...or worse, you'll get paid and then have to give the money back once the audit happens.
Unfortunately, the insurance requirement to get paid for an oral appliance is constantly changing and is not taught well at most courses. If you have not taken a course within the past year, you are out of the loop.
Here's a good rule of thumb when it comes to getting paid in dental sleep medicine: if you are not experiencing an average reimbursement of $3,000 (or higher!) per appliance, you are doing something (or many things) wrong.
Hard Work Has Nothing to Do With Success in Sleep
I've told you several times that dental sleep medicine is different than dentistry. Dentistry, for a lack of a better way to describe it, is work. You work, you get paid. You don't work, you don't get paid. You are directly trading time for money. This is one of the greatest benefits of traditional dentistry because it allows you to get a quick start and pretty much be profitable from day one.
No dentist wakes up in the morning excited about working harder today than yesterday. And yet this is what the reality of traditional dentistry is. You have to work harder today than you did 20 years ago just to keep yourself from falling behind.
Being willing to "work hard" is what kills so many dentists from the inside out. Reimbursements shrinking? Pick-up the slack, work harder, and make up for it. Marketing campaigns not producing like before? Go make something happen to keep production steady! Must work harder! And it's not going to get any easier. Corporations are coming in and dentists are taking on PPOs and losing in a big way.
Dental sleep medicine done using the method you'll learn about at the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp does not work like this. This model is not trading time directly for money. In dental sleep medicine, you're actually building a business capable of running without you. You can certainly work in it if you choose, but it won't be necessary if you'd rather be doing something else.
So that means the time you invest building this business is going to pay you again and again, NOT just pay you for those hours you worked. Are you getting this?
Believe it or not, this is a difficult thing for most dentists to accept. Dentists are in the habit of equating effort with reward. If there's a lot of effort, you expect a lot of reward. If there's not a lot of effort, you don't expect a lot of reward. Even more than that, if there's not a lot of effort, a large reward makes you feel weird...like you did something "wrong."
It takes some work to shift this mindset because it is not a helpful one to have when you're building a dental sleep medicine business. Yes, action is important. But "hard work" is not valued. Smart work is what you need.
Success in dental sleep medicine requires you give up any addiction you have to hard work. When you're building a business like this one, the goal is not to work harder to increase results, it's to work less while watching your results skyrocket.
What Should Success in Dental Sleep Medicine Really Look Like?
Now of course there are no guarantees here, but the graphic below shows you what success in dental sleep medicine SHOULD look like for any dentist following a proven blueprint. This is the system you will learn at the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp.
As you can see, you're actually NOT making money your first couple months. But as time goes on and you build the systems required to bring the patients, you can see that revenue can begin to flow in just a few months.
The Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp Will Show You the ONLY System Available To Dentists For Seeing At Least 20 Sleep Patients Per Month (Without Having to Depend on Referrals) and Getting PAID For Treating Them
At the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp, you will get a guided tour of the system dentists are using to profit from dental sleep medicine.
While the foundations of sleep science are covered, the majority of the time is focused on providing a detailed review of how to generate patients, maximize reimbursements and build success in sleep.
This Business Bootcamp offers a comprehensive overview of the only proven method for dentists to take advantage of the most profitable procedure in dentistry.
We will walk you through each step of doing dental sleep medicine the smart way. We'll cover oral appliances, patient screening, our innovative system for generating unlimited patients and also go into extreme detail about getting paid.
You'll have plenty of opportunity to get all of your questions answered. What we cover during this event is not something you will find anywhere else.
We've pioneered a complete system for getting sleep patients, getting paid and everything in between. (NOTE: Each attendee will receive 18 CE credits.)
- A big promise of easy success in sleep apnea. "You could be making $X dollars with the millions of potential patients. Treating sleep apnea is such an easy procedure, come learn how to do it."
- Most of the course is focused on the science of sleep. 10-12 hours of science!
- Sales and marketing "plan" that involves nothing more than talking to sleep doctors asking for referrals. (Expecting a sleep doctor to send you mild to moderate patients is as reasonable as you sending all your crowns to a Prosthodontist. It's crazy.)
- Taught by instructors who are sleep experts but not actually successful in the BUSINESS of sleep. (How valuable is the knowledge about sleep if you can't get patients?)
- Most attendees will leave the course, treat 1-3 patients, get paid for NONE of them and quit.
- Learn an entire business system for generating an unlimited number of patients without begging for referrals.
- Discover the process for transforming a dental patient into a sleep patient.
- Learn exactly how to get paid by following all of the insurance company rules.
- Foundational science you need to know about sleep apnea. Only what you need to know.
- Hear actual success stories of real dentists using the system and put it in play to generate millions in sleep. (We have verified proof that 80% of people using our method are in the top 10% of producers in sleep.)
Hear From Bootcamp Attendees!
We are doing somewhere around 60 to 70 appliances a month, and I have just started this...
ATTENDED DENTAL SLEEP BUSINESS BOOTCAMP 12/2016
It Saved My Life...I Found a Way to Help Patients Without All the Frustrations of Dentistry...
New York, NY
ATTENDED DENTAL SLEEP BUSINESS BOOTCAMP 3/2016
"It Lets You Go Out and Find Patients You Would Never Have Access To..."
Grand Rapids, MI
ATTENDED DENTAL SLEEP BUSINESS BOOTCAMP 8/2018
Do You Fit the Profile of a Dentist Who Should Come to This Bootcamp?
- Tired of the stress of the daily "dental grind?" Burned out from spending years worrying about countless minute details?
- Looking for a new way to use your skills that is far more rewarding and profitable than traditional dentistry?
- Fed up with the financial pressures created by corporate dentistry, declining reimbursements, and sky-high overhead?
- Worried that traditional dentistry is not going to prepare you for a safe, secure and vibrant retirement?
If you've said "Yes" to any of the items above, then this Bootcamp could very well be the path to take you to a future far brighter than one in traditional dentistry. The work is easy, rewarding and extremely profitable. Your results in dental sleep medicine can even grow and expand without you having to work harder or put in more hours.
What Does the Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp Agenda Look Like?
We'll teach you the business system that allows dentists to see at least 20 patients per month. We'll review the entire patient screening process, testing systems review and more.
We'll cover oral appliances, how to review home sleep test results, how to increase your profits, how to find and train a sleep coordinator, and take a close look at what it takes to get this business off the ground.
You'll have a one-on-one conferences with the Bootcamp directors and break-out sessions focusing on topics including therapy CPAP vs. OAT, other sleep disorders, CPAP for dentists, APAP for titration, and extensive Q&A.
What Level of Success Could You Create in Dental Sleep Medicine With a System That Actually Works? How Happy Would You Be If You Only Had to Work 4-8 Hours Per Week?
If you're skeptical that this approach to success in sleep actually works, you're not alone. Anything THINKING person would be skeptical of someone announcing a way to succeed in an industry where dentists fail almost every…single…time. The Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp offers an educational and low-risk way to SHOW you how this works. We'll give you details, facts and figures so you can see the proof for yourself.
What's possible with a system like this?
- Dr. Brandon Hedgecock of Austin Texas has delivered upwards of 1,300 oral appliances and collected over $3 million. Last month alone, he saw 140 oral appliance patients. He is currently at the helm of the most successful sleep business in the country, on track to do $2.3 million this year.
- Dr. KJ Sturhahn of Quincy IL is brand new to sleep the way we do it and just started screening patients a few months ago. So far, he's done 25 appliances and collected $54K.
- Dr. Arpan Patel of Langhorne PA sees over 70 patients a month and generates $2 million per year.
- Dr. Nate Cogswell of Rockford IL has delivered 94 oral appliances, collected $301K and hasn't even started his first in-office program with a physician yet!
- Dr. Sal Aragona, a Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp Advisor, was involved in sleep before he crossed paths with the International Academy of Sleep. But it's been an honor to watch his practice really take off once he started executing using our proprietary method. Dr. Aragona's gotten (multi-seven-figure) offers to buy his sleep practice, but he's not selling. Instead, he's continuing to build. (He's seeing about 25 patients per month.) His dental practice, which he built over 38 years, is on track to hit $3 million this year. His sleep practice, which he built over the last 18 months, could exceed that.
- Dr. Jay Neuhaus, another Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp Advisor who was dabbling in sleep prior to connecting with our organization, saw his sleep business explode using our model. 3.5 years ago, Dr. Neuhaus was burned out, stressed out, worked OUT. Today, Dr. Jay Neuhaus is 67. He's working 1 day per week and netting $19,000 for that day. Projected out over the year, that's $912K....NET. His average reimbursement per appliance is $4,400! As it turns out, Jay's work got noticed by a major corporation looking for someone to head up the sleep department. Jay got the job--a huge salaried position plus points.
- Dr. Bob Schaffer, in San Diego, has been doing sleep using our method for about 8 months. He recently did 13 oral appliances in ONE day. The average reimbursement using our method is about $3K. I'll let you do the math on that. The best part is that his Office Manager is running the whole sleep business while he practices dentistry!
- Dr. Rebecca Lauck has been in sleep medicine for a long time. Like most dentists, however, she experienced very little success early on. A "good" year for her, prior to Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp, was about five patients. That's for the entire year. That's changed by a factor of 20. She went from 5 appliances per YEAR to 116 per YEAR.
The dentists above started off right where you are, unsure if dental sleep medicine was for them. They came to a Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp and started their journey into dental sleep medicine. As you see, they are experiencing enormous success in dental sleep medicine.
Register For An Upcoming Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp
Registration is $1,495 with the option to enroll a Staff Member for an additional $795. In addition to your enrollment, a complimentary invitation will also be extended to your spouse or partner. That way, they can attend select portions of the event so you won\'t have to go home and start from scratch explaining everything to them. We have our bootcamps in some pretty ideal locations, so the rest of the time they can enjoy relaxing and seeing the sights.
To enroll in an upcoming Dental Sleep Business Bootcamp, please check the schedule and current availability below.